Here at Boston Jerky, we wanted to give our customers the best jerky product possible. We felt that using grass-fed beef was a great way to do that. Grass-fed beef has enormous health and environmental benefits.
- Fewer Calories - Grass-fed beef is lower in overall fat content. This is due to their clean diet. Feedlot cows also go through a lot of stress which leads to fattier meats.
- Healthy Fats - Grass-fed beef contains up to six times more Omega-3s than grain-fed cows. Omega 3s are known to help with alleviating arthritis, mental well being, and mental focus.
- Decreased Risk of Heart Disease - Grass-fed beef contains CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) which has been shown to decrease heart risk.
- Reduced Greenhouse Gas - It has recently been found that grass-fed beef production actually had reduced greenhouse gas emissions when the carbon sequestration and storage of grassland pasture was considered.
- Reduced Land & Increased Security - Grass-fed beef pastures are often not suitable for intensive crop production, grass farmers make use of marginal land to actually increase food security.
These are just a few reasons on why we selected grass-fed beef. Most importantly it tastes delicious!